Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Went For It

Well I went for it, good thing I decided to give myself a few tries. We started working as a team the whole week before, everything looking good. During the time only, Tessa's shoulder injury came back, and I MISSED it. Went in for our run and we blew it big time. I was like what went wrong!!!! The next day arrived, started to warm up, used some unprintable language here, her shoulder was bothering her a lot. I quickly realized what happened the day before. Took a deep breath and let it all go. I was paid and there, so decided to just use our run as a training opportunity. Made sure she was nice and warmed up, and had a fine time just cantering the pattern.

I also discovered a way for me not to get nervous. Looked at the list, thought I knew where I was in the call. Was off my horse checking her rear boots, when I heard my name called! I was up. The gal next to me was kind enough to hollar I was there, while I quickly put the last boot back on, up in the saddle and away we went.

No comments: